Ha Long Bay Multi Sport 4 Days/ 3 Nights
Combine your adventures with our special package– Join us for two days to experience a night amidst the emerald waters and islands of Lan Ha Bay. This full experience includes a full day kayaking, exploring less-traveled areas of Lan Ha Bay, and rock climbing on a hidden beach. Enjoy an authentic dinner and drinks with your personal guide and our boat crew as the sun sets and fishing boats return to surrounding villages. Then, swim in glowing waters lit by bioluminescent plankton before sleeping under the stars on our boat’s top deck. Witness life in the bay starts from the center of it all.
- Primary Activities: Rock climbing, overnight, kayaking and cruise the bay.
- Other Activities: Swimming, sunbathing, rock in' the boat, looking for languor.
- Designed For: Anyone (Ages: 6-50+) - no experience in rock climbing necessary.
- Helpful to Bring: Sunscreen, insect repellent, swimsuit, camera, towel, overnight necessities/ toiletries, rain jacket, snacks, chocolate.
- Days Offered: Every day the sun rises in the east and sets in the west! Please note that on rare occasion’s rock climbing may be re-located to our Cat Ba Island location for no extra charge and the same high quality climbing experience – this allows for route maintenance or weather considerations. Itineraries change according to season, but all activities are still included.
Itinerary in brief:
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi – Cat Ba Island – Lan Ha Bay (L, D)
Day 3: Lan Ha Bay - Hanoi (B, L)
Day 4: Hanoi Departure (B)
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Upon the arrival, you are met at the Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi and transferred to the hotel by Asia King’s guide for check-in and relax. Free at leisure. Overnight stayed at the hotel in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi – Cat Ba Island – Lan Ha Bay (L, D)
Pick you up at your hotel and take 3-hour drive from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay for a late start with a relaxing cruise into Lan Ha Bay and a Vietnamese lunch cooked fresh by our crew on our traditional junk boat.
After lunch we’ll land on secluded and uninhabited Moody Beach, where the sea borders two shorelines beneath a massive limestone cliff. Our guides will give a brief introduction, set up climbs and outfit you with climbing harnesses, shoes and helmets. Then, we'll coach you as you climb safely high above Lan Ha Bay’s emerald waters and jungle beaches on beginning and intermediate routes. In the late afternoon, we’ll re-embark the boat to cruise to a floating restaurant as the sun sets over the islands surrounding us.
Feast on a traditional Vietnamese dinner before playing games and conversing through the evening. Lounge on the top deck with karst islands silhouetted in the distance as the sea calms for the night. Don’t forget to stir up the water and watch plankton light up around you! Overnight stayed on board.
Day 3: Lan Ha Bay – Cat Ba Island - Hanoi (B, L)
Wake up to glassy waters as basket boats come to life, signaling a new day’s work amongst Lan Ha Bay’s fishing community. After breakfast, we’ll cruise through a maze of karst towers before collecting kayaks from a floating fish farm and dropping anchor in a tranquil cluster of islands. Our guides will navigate into hidden lagoons, explore deserted beaches, paddle through arches and take you to walls where monkeys can sometimes be spotted.
Paddling will no doubt leave you hungry for lunch! A freshly cooked meal will fuel you for an afternoon kayaking in a new location, discovering more of Lan Ha Bay’s culture and geology. Cruise back to Cat Ba Island under the setting sun to mark the end of your adventure at sea. Then, you drive back to Hanoi.
Day 4: Hanoi Departure (B)
Today, you will have your free time to explore Hanoi by yourself until transfer by private car to airport for your flight to come back your hometown. Home sweet home!
Tour price includes
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- The English speaking guide as guided time
- Meals as indicated
- All transfers with the air-conditioned private car & AC
- Government taxes & service charge
- Access fees and tickets,
- Junk boat with captain and crew,
- PFDs, UIAA certified climbing equipment,
- Mattresses, sheets, blankets, pillows.
Tour price excludes
- Meals not indicated
- Drinks & beverage
- Personal travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills
- Tips and gratuities
Number of Persons in Group
Tour cost per person (in USD) Validity 30 June 2015
|No of pax|
|over 20pax||Book Now|
|Single supplement||Book Now|
- Please note that our boat’s overnight accommodations are rustic. Our boat crew will set up an area to sleep in the cabin or, weather permitting, on the top deck in the fresh air. The boat has flush toilets but no showers. You may shower in the evening at the floating restaurant/fishing village home for an additional charge; bring some small cash if you wish to do this.
- Although accommodations are basic, it's an amazing way to experience the Cat Ba way of life! About three quarters of Cat Ba's population live in floating villages. Many fishermen spend their nights on junk boats similar to ours. Get a feel for life at sea while enjoying some modest comforts provided by our friendly staff and the bay’s natural beauty.
- THE WEATHER
- September to December: The best time to visit Cat Ba is from late September to November, when skies tend to be clear. Temperatures cool during the winter to 15-20 C, and an eerie mist settles over the karst limestone.
- February to May: Rain is common during these months.
- June to August: Rain continues into these months. Average temperature is 25 to 28 C, although temperatures often reach 30 C, with high humidity. Although it is difficult to predict the weather on Cat Ba in the short term, some weather stations try anyway. Be aware that whether it says sunshine or rain, there are never any guarantees.
- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HA LONG BAY AND LAN HA BAY
- Lan Ha Bay is simply one area of the larger "Ha Long Bay region." When referred to in this way, the HLB region includes Ha Long Bay, Lan Ha Bay, Cat Ba Island and Bai Tu Long Bay. Many tourists prefer Lan Ha Bay due to its peaceful waters and relaxed atmosphere. The landscape, beauty, and karst formations of Lan Ha Bay are just as stunning as those found in Ha Long Bay. Lan Ha Bay also offers more exposure to local fishing life, and you're less likely to see as many tour boats and large ships passing though.
- For kayaking on cold days: We suggest either swimsuit and shorts or waterproof pants, with a long-sleeved shirt or jacket. If you bring a jacket with metal pieces in the zipper, be sure to rinse it with fresh water when you get back to the island!
- For kayaking on warm days: Swimsuit, shorts, t-shirt and hat!
- For climbing: clothing that is comfortable to move in. Long pants may help inexperienced climbers avoid small scrapes from the rock.
- We ask that you bring a clean set of clothes to climb in on your second day. This will be more comfortable for you and helps us minimize exposing our climbing gear to salt water, keeping it in operational shape for longer.
- Almost definitely even if you decide not to swim, you can expect some splashing from your paddle and from occasional small waves.
- DRY BAGS
- We provide enough dry bags for one per boat, large enough to hold a camera, snacks or extra sunscreen.
- We provide PFDs for every person!
- A GUIDING
- Lan Ha Bay is an island maze, where changing tides close passages and thick mist can develop without warning. Even with a compass, it can be extremely difficult to navigate among islands. For this reason, all of our kayak trips are guided.
- THE CLIMBING SESSION
- Due to safety standards and liability concerns, only guides are allowed to belay during top-rope sessions, including the climbing session on Moody Beach.
Cat Ba Princess is a comfortable junk for a family cruise or a group of friends who love to appropriate it for the journey. The junk is built by exotic wood (the hull and the outside is “Tau”, interior and furniture is “Cam Xe”) under the standard of traditional of junks with accommodation to ensure the necessary safety for passengers.
This tour is a great combination of kayaking and trekking. You are going to take kayaking in the wonderland of karst topography with 3,000 limestone islets and trekking through the national park with dense jungle, natural creature and unfamiliar botanical covers. Start up with kayaking amongst islets to hidden caves, lagoons, unspoiled beaches, floating fishing village, we wrap the tour with amazing trek through Cat ba Island and relax on unspoiled, small, lovely beach.
This tour offers you a great chance to discover Ha long Bay, the wonderland of karst topography with 3,000 limestone and dolomite islets sprinkled over an area of 1,500 square km. The calm sea provides an ideal location for sea kayaking as we paddle through a maze of islets amid dramatic natural scenery. With our modern kayaking equipment, we are able to maximize on speed and maneuverability as we explore the open sea and the many hidden lagoons and stalagmite caves that are difficult to access by any other means. As with our other kayak tours, this tour offers flexibility in activity levels while still combining the best of sea kayaking. Designed with this in mind it is a good tour for both novice and experienced kayaker alike with a little more time to spare.
Travel to Ha Long Bay by helicopter is the most comfortable way for one day tour. Instead of 3.5 hours by car, you can charter a helicopter from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay; one-way flight takes only less than one hour and gives you the beautiful panoramic view on Ha Long Bay. This tour package includes return flight on private helicopter, 5 minutes scenic tour of Ha Long Bay, private Luxury Day Cruise in Ha Long Bay and other services concerned. There are 4 types of helicopter in service: Airbus EC130-T2, Euro copter EC155-B1, Mi-170 and Mi-172.
Call us +84 912.262.119
Monday - Sat (08:00 - 17:30)
Sunday (13:00 - 16:00)
Direct from our site
Add: 4th Floor, 139-141 Nghi Tam , Tay Ho, Hanoi, Vietnam
Find map here