Ha Long Bay in Depth 5 Days/ 4 Nights
Reward yourself with this healthful and unforgettable journey. It’s the chance to witness the marvel of at Ha Long Bays’ natural beauty. Ha Long Bay is made up of 1,969 islands of various sizes. The tiny islands are dotted with innumerable beaches that make an excellent backdrop for a full of adventure activities such as kayaking, rock climbing, hiking and eating scrumptious seafood. This adventure takes you through the stunning landscapes of Ha Long Bay World Heritage Site with its majestic rock formations, uninhabited islands, and tiny floating villages and to Cat Ba Island.
- Traditional deluxe junk cruise in Ha Long Bay
- Kayaking in Ha Long Bay
- Rock climbing in Cat Ba
- Enjoy easy trekking in Cat Ba
- Taste Vietnamese food
Itinerary in brief:
Day 1: Ha Noi - Ha Long Bay (L, D)
Day 2: Ha Long Bay - Cruise and Kayak (B, L, D)
Day 3: Ha Long Bay- Cruise and Rock Climbing (B, L, D)
Day 4: Cat Ba Island Cruise and Trekking (B, L, D)
Day 5: Cat Ba – Hanoi (B, L)
Day 1: Ha Noi - Ha Long Bay (L, D)
We depart on a lovely, scenic road to Ha Long Bay, 160km to the east of Hanoi. Ha Long Bay is one of the world’s natural wonders and one of Vietnam’s five UNESCO World Heritage Sites with over three thousand jagged limestone islands emerging from its emerald green waters. While some islands are no more than large rocks others are much more substantial and contain huge cathedral-like caves of stalactites and stalagmites. Most of the islands are clothed in thick green vegetation, and ring with the sound of bird song early in the morning. Secluded sandy coves are everywhere and in the summer months the warm waters of the bay are ideal for swimming.
Upon arrival in Ha Long city, you will transfer to a traditional deluxe junk for a cruise among the islands. The boat is one of the more traditional varieties that sail through this spectacular area. Enjoy a fresh seafood lunch on board while cruising through the breathtaking scenery and thousands of limestone outcrops. There will be time to enjoy kayaking in the afternoon. You will have dinner and stay overnight on the junk.
Day 2: Ha Long Bay Cruise and Kayak (B, L, D)
We have the whole day to cruise and kayak as we explore the beauty and mysteries of Ha Long Bay. You will see Man’s Head Island and Tortoise Island as you are paddling, then explore Luon Cave (Tunnel Cave), a beautiful crater-like lagoon encircled by towering cliffs and accessed only via a half-submerged 30m tunnel cave. Paddle to Cua Van fishing village then cruise to the unusual Ba Ham Lake, another crater-like lagoon split into two sections. Have a swim at the stunning Three Peach Beach before returning to the junk for dinner and overnight stay. (Optional: night paddle).
Day 3: Ha Long Bay Cruise and Rock Climbing (B, L, D)
We continue to cruise and kayak, exploring Ha Long Bay as we go, then sail to Lan Ha Island and the amazing Moody’s Island beach. With sea water caressing two shorelines beneath massive limestone cliffs, you’ll have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the beauty of Lan Ha Bay as your certified climbing guides outfit you with safe and comfortable UIAA standard climbing harnesses and rock climbing gear. After instruction, your guides will set up top-rope systems on a variety of different routes to suit your climbing ability. With the coaching and encouragement of our experienced guides, you can climb as high as you like overlooking the emerald waters of Ha Long Bay enjoying spectacular views like no other. If climbing is not your thing then spend the time swimming and sunbathing - this is island life! Return to the junk, which is moored overnight.
Day 4: Cat Ba Island Cruise and Trekking (B, L, D)
We bid a sad farewell to the junk and board a smaller boat to take you to Cat Ba Island. Cat Ba boasts a great diversity of landscapes and ecosystems, including offshore coral reefs, sandy beaches, mangrove forests, freshwater swamp forests, small freshwater lakes and forested hills. After a short transfer on the scenic coastal road, you arrive in the lush green hills of the secluded Lien Minh Village and the stunning scenery of Butterfly Valley. This village has only twelve farming families and it is from here the guided walk starts into the jungle and mountains of this remote and unspoiled part of the national park. We return to a local home where, seated under a handmade bamboo enclosure, you will enjoy a wide array of locally cooked food while interacting with the genuinely friendly locals of Lien Minh. We take a short walk through the farmlands of Butterfly Valley passing friendly water buffalo and cattle exploring the valley’s rich flora and fauna on the way. Drive to Cat Ba town and the rest of the day is yours to relax by the beach or walk around the village.
Day 5: Cat Ba – Hanoi (B)
The morning is free for you to explore. Around lunchtime, we will take a speedboat to Hai Phong City where our vehicle awaits to transfer you on the two-hour journey back to Hanoi. End of the trip.
Tour price includes
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Western certified rock climbing guides
- Private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Ha Long Bay cruise by private traditional wooden junk
- Private boat from Ha Long to Cat Ba
- Rock climbing equipment
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled drinking water for sightseeing
- All sightseeing and entrance fees as stated in the itinerary
- Accommodation in twin/double share room in junk/hotel with daily breakfast
- Simple First Aid kit
- International flight reconfirmation.
Tour price excludes
- International flight to/from Vietnam
- Vietnam visa.
- Accommodation in Hanoi.
- Travel insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Personal expenditure (telephone, laundry, shopping and so on…)
- Tips for guide, driver, porters. We recommend 3 USD/person/day for guide, 2 USD/person/day for driver and 2 USD/person/hotel when you check in/out.
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Any other services not clearly mentioned on itinerary and trip inclusive portion.
Number of Persons in Group
Tour cost per person (in USD) Validity 30 June 2015
|No of pax|
|over 20pax||Book Now|
|Single supplement||Book Now|
- THE WEATHER
- September to December: The best time to visit Cat Ba is from late September to November, when skies tend to be clear. Temperatures cool during the winter to 15-20 C, and an eerie mist settles over the karst limestone.
- February to May: Rain is common during these months.
- June to August: Rain continues into these months. Average temperature is 25 to 28 C, although temperatures often reach 30 C, with high humidity. Although it is difficult to predict the weather on Cat Ba in the short term, some weather stations try anyway. Be aware that whether it says sunshine or rain, there are never any guarantees.
- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HA LONG BAY AND LAN HA BAY
- Lan Ha Bay is simply one area of the larger "Ha Long Bay region." When referred to in this way, the HLB region includes Ha Long Bay, Lan Ha Bay, Cat Ba Island and Bai Tu Long Bay. Many tourists prefer Lan Ha Bay due to its peaceful waters and relaxed atmosphere. The landscape, beauty, and karst formations of Lan Ha Bay are just as stunning as those found in Ha Long Bay. Lan Ha Bay also offers more exposure to local fishing life, and you're less likely to see as many tour boats and large ships passing though.
- For kayaking on cold days: We suggest either swimsuit and shorts or waterproof pants, with a long-sleeved shirt or jacket. If you bring a jacket with metal pieces in the zipper, be sure to rinse it with fresh water when you get back to the island!
- For kayaking on warm days: Swimsuit, shorts, t-shirt and hat!
- For climbing: clothing that is comfortable to move in. Long pants may help inexperienced climbers avoid small scrapes from the rock.
- We ask that you bring a clean set of clothes to climb in on your second day. This will be more comfortable for you and helps us minimize exposing our climbing gear to salt water, keeping it in operational shape for longer.
- Almost definitely even if you decide not to swim, you can expect some splashing from your paddle and from occasional small waves.
- DRY BAGS
- We provide enough dry bags for one per boat, large enough to hold a camera, snacks or extra sunscreen.
- We provide PFDs for every person!
- A GUIDING
- Lan Ha Bay is an island maze, where changing tides close passages and thick mist can develop without warning. Even with a compass, it can be extremely difficult to navigate among islands. For this reason, all of our kayak trips are guided.
- THE CLIMBING SESSION
- Due to safety standards and liability concerns, only guides are allowed to belay during top-rope sessions, including the climbing session on Moody Beach.
The first and biggest company to offer overnight cruises on the bay, Huong Hai Junks is now widely known as the number one choice for discerning travelers, operating a fleet of nine built wooden junks designed in time-honoured traditional style, with contemporary and deluxe cabins and facilities. As a result, nearly half of 1 million people have joined Huong Hai Junks on magical, enlightening journeys through Ha Long Bay.
Bai Tho Junk consist a group of over 10 junk boats offering daily and overnight on boat cruise to visit Halong bay. We are not only sell daily joining group seats for tourists but also for lease private Junks, if you and group would like to have private junks, please choose one of our junks below and tell us your itinerary , we will make up good price for you with high quality of our services.
This tour is a great combination of kayaking and trekking. You are going to take kayaking in the wonderland of karst topography with 3,000 limestone islets and trekking through the national park with dense jungle, natural creature and unfamiliar botanical covers. Start up with kayaking amongst islets to hidden caves, lagoons, unspoiled beaches, floating fishing village, we wrap the tour with amazing trek through Cat ba Island and relax on unspoiled, small, lovely beach.
This tour offers you a great chance to discover Ha long Bay, the wonderland of karst topography with 3,000 limestone and dolomite islets sprinkled over an area of 1,500 square km. The calm sea provides an ideal location for sea kayaking as we paddle through a maze of islets amid dramatic natural scenery. With our modern kayaking equipment, we are able to maximize on speed and maneuverability as we explore the open sea and the many hidden lagoons and stalagmite caves that are difficult to access by any other means. As with our other kayak tours, this tour offers flexibility in activity levels while still combining the best of sea kayaking. Designed with this in mind it is a good tour for both novice and experienced kayaker alike with a little more time to spare.
Travel to Ha Long Bay by helicopter is the most comfortable way for one day tour. Instead of 3.5 hours by car, you can charter a helicopter from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay; one-way flight takes only less than one hour and gives you the beautiful panoramic view on Ha Long Bay. This tour package includes return flight on private helicopter, 5 minutes scenic tour of Ha Long Bay, private Luxury Day Cruise in Ha Long Bay and other services concerned. There are 4 types of helicopter in service: Airbus EC130-T2, Euro copter EC155-B1, Mi-170 and Mi-172.
Call us +84 912.262.119
Monday - Sat (08:00 - 17:30)
Sunday (13:00 - 16:00)
Direct from our site
Add: 4th Floor, 139-141 Nghi Tam , Tay Ho, Hanoi, Vietnam
Find map here